Thursday, July 03, 2008

Alicia & Nick : Wedding

Last month, Nathan and I were all over the country shooting weddings! You already saw Beth & Tony's wedding in South Carolina. That next week we flew to Salem, Oregon for my brother's wedding (which I'll be blogging about next week!), and the following DAY we were flying to Memphis, Tennessee for Alicia & Nick's wedding!

Alicia and I have known each other since middle school. She was always one of the sweetest girls I've ever known... One of those people who doesn't have a mean bone in her body! We reconnected last year through Facebook and she fell in love with the albums I posted. I knew her wedding would be incredible, and I'm so happy Nathan and I could be a part of it!

I hung out with the girls for a bit while Nathan went to check on Nick..
On the way to their wedding site, we stopped off with the guys to get some of our best groomsmen shots yet!

Alicia made a beautiful bride.
I'm so jealous of her lashes!
A friend of Nick's sang "Broken Road" and "She's Everything" during the ceremony, which was a sweet touch!
Alicia and Nick were married at Mud Island River Park in downtown Memphis. I was so excited that they were my first Memphis wedding, because I have so many childhood memories of Mud Island. They basically have a small-scale exact replica of the Mississippi River that runs down 5 city blocks of downtown. Mom used to take us there when we were little, and we'd race tiny plastic boats down the water. :) I'm really excited to take Nathan there to play when we visit again!


I love a good black and white portrait!




My favorite from the day-

The reception had a lovely view of the Mississippi Bridge.
First dance. :)
Poor Alicia!! Nick, this was SO not cool!
Bouquet toss!
Nick and his groomsmen doing their thing to the YMCA.
They shared a sweet last dance alone while the guests headed outside for their exit. I LOVE when couples do this!

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. York!!

No comments: