Friday, May 02, 2008

Six Things Post

I haaaaate doing these things, and I'm only doing it because the great Amanda Keeys tagged me, and well, I'll do anything for her. ;)


So here we go..

Firstly, the rules:
Link the person who tagged you
Mention the rules on your blog
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
Tag 6 fellow bloggers
Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers blogs letting them know they have been tagged.

Only 6? Here are the biggies...

1. I LOATHE the telephone. My friends will tell you how horrible I am. You know how sometimes someone calls you, and then you wait a few days too long to really think about calling back you just feel akward about it and put it off that little bit longer... And then by the time you DO call back, the first 5 minutes is your friend giving you a massive guilt trip for not calling back? Well, that happens to me way too often. I feel like email was invented for me, because otherwise, I'd have no friends left. :( Thank God Nathan is the Root Photography communications liason!

2. I'm terrified of fish. Well... Fish, dolphins, whales, jellyfish, starfish... If it lives under the sea, I want NOTHING to do with it. I have night terrors of killer whales and aquariums. The whales don't attack or eat me in my night terrors, they just stay next to me in the water and it's enough to make me wake up in tears! I'm so weird, I know. The bravest thing I did last year was take a trip to Sea World, and I really look forward to going back. Ironically enough, my favorite movie is The Little Mermaid. So I guess only non-singing fish scare me.

3. I have an unhealthy obsession with office supplies. Even when I was in high school, I think I looked forward to school supply shopping day more than my birthday. Fresh folders, binders, markers... A clean pack of college rule notebook paper. *sigh.* Don't tell anyone, but Office Depot is second only to Tiffany's in my mind. Buy me pink office supplies, and I'm yours for life! I'm currently wishing for a desk makeover from my favorite office supplier- See Jane Work. I have my eye on these sticky notes, notebooks, and tape dispensers. ;)

4. I listen to Christmas music year round. Easily every other night when Nathan and I are up late working on your beautiful images, we're listening to Christmas with the Rat Pack or A Charlie Brown Christmas. Nothing gets me more relaxed and happy than that. I have a mild obsession with the holiday, and I love that my husband doesn't mind. ;) I do my best to not watch my favorite Christmas movies until late summer, but sometimes a girl just needs a little Santa Clause in her life. Oh, and Elf doesn't count. That's year round goodness, no matter who you are. :)

5. Sometimes when I'm sitting alone or driving in the car, I won't even notice that I'm writing my thoughts out in cursive print with my right hand. I think because I was a writer in high school and would think so much when I'm out, it just became second nature and I don't even notice it anymore.

6. This is the big one. I hate textures. Carpet, terry cloth, jeans, panty hose, even cotton... I don't like it. It makes my mouth water and my body tense up and cringe whenever someone rubs their palms on a texture. Isn't that CRAZY? My brother and sister are the exact same way, which means I'm not the one at fault for this one, it has to be in the genes!

Ok. So now it's my turn to tag... Hmm... I'm gonna tag Carly, Lea, Leigh, Rebecka, Mindi, and Lauren. :) Because a post isn't a post without some photos, here are some we took at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans last month!


I mean, I don't want to brag or anything, but I make a MUCH more convincing seal. ;)
Bear feet! <3
My 2nd favorite animal of all time... Fellow Kilimanjaro Safari Drivers say it with me... "No Miss Jobson, they are Tommies. TOMMIES!" I used to see these guys during my old day job, and they are just the second cutest things ever.
However, I looooooove white rhinos. They are my 'official' favorite animal, if anyone ever asks.
This is why I married him. :)

8 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

I never get zoo photos that good! **jealousy** :)

Do ya'll shoot with 5Ds?

Jensey! said...

Nope! Just our 30D & 40D. :) I think we just got lucky, really!

Moongypsyi said...

OMG, I thought I was the only one with an office supply obsession!!! I looove pens, notebooks, journals...I could walk around office depot forever!! I haven't drawn in awhile, but I'll still browse ever so slowly in the art paper and sketchbook aisle of Hobby Lobby..... :)
christina

Anonymous said...

Jambo Mrs. Jensey! I'm happy to hear you still love the tommies too. I don't think I ever thanked you for helping me save Little Red. Asante sana! I hope to see you in 2010. I hear you're shooting a wedding here in Africa!! That makes me happier than a hyena! Kwaherini for now.

Darcie Bruce said...

i love amandas work! i bought one of her actions a while back.

Jensey! said...

Christina- Thank you for the comment!! If you're ever in Orlando, let's get dressed up and hit the Office Depot together. ;)

Darcie Bruce- Amanda is lovely and I've been a fan for years!! It's my mission to make it to Australia when we have kids for a famous cemetery shoot!

Warden Wilson Matua- You thanked me many times for saving Little Red.. TOO many. Please tell Ms. Jobson hello. Kwaherini to you, Wilson!

Amanda K said...

Ok you're a photog and you don't like touching textures??? WEEEEIRDO :P Lol. Maybe cause I LOVE textures... I'll touch anything with texture on it. Also, yes, you make a better seal. A hilarious one ;)

Lea said...

OMG I been tagged!

Another thing to add to my "to do list" tomorrow! lol

When am I ever gonna have time to play GTA IV!?!?!!